Berry-Licious Smoothie Bowls
Smoothie bowls are all the rage and, since it’s berry season, we decided to share our favorite berry-licious smoothie bowls. Ripe, in-season berries are sweeter, juicier, and bursting with flavor. If you’re looking for a tasty, health-conscious treat this summer, whip up one of these delicious plant-based smoothie bowls that the whole family will love!
Blueberry Kale Smoothie Bowl
Recipe fromAlpha Foodie
½ cup frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup kale or spinach leaves
½ cup rolled oats
Toppings of your choice
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings of your choice, such as blueberries and dragon fruit.
Strawberry Oat Smoothie Bowl
¼ cup rolled oats
¼ cup water
1 large frozen banana, sliced into chunks
½ cup oat-milk beverage
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 dates, pitted
1 heaping cup frozen strawberries
½ tsp vanilla extract
Drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- Whisk together the oats with ¼ cup water, then microwave for one minute, cool, then add to blender.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender and puree until creamy and thick. Divide into two glasses and serve!
Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
Recipe fromTurnip the Oven
1 large banana, peeled and frozen
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen raspberries
1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
4-5 large ice cubes
½ cup granola
2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Combine the banana, one cup of raspberries, almond milk, chia seeds, cacao powder (or cocoa), and ice in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Divide between two serving bowls. Top each with ¼ cup of remaining raspberries, ¼ cup of granola, and 1 tablespoon cacao nibs.
Take advantage of the amazing seasonal berries available this time of year. In-season produce is juicy, fresh, colorful and sweeter when perfectly ripe. Happy eating!
Leave a comment
Also in A Wealth of Wellness