Recipe from Kate’s Curious Kitchen
This flavorful seasoning provides a subtle, dry aroma suitable for a variety of dishes. Use to season poultry, fish, vegetables, soups, or tomatoes.
2 cups Kosher salt, coarse salt or Himalayan salt
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
1 tbsp thyme, chopped
1 tbsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Set oven to 250℉.
- Measure the Kosher salt into a medium size bowl add the fresh ground pepper to the bowl and set aside.
- Wash and dry all the fresh herbs, remove only the leaves and discard the woody stems from all the herbs.
- With a sharp knife and cutting board, finely chop the herbs and add to the salt.
- Wash and dry the lemon, using a zester remove the peel and add the zest to the salt and herbs.
- Juice the lemon you just zested, making sure to strain any pulp and seeds. Add the lemon juice to the salt and herbs.
- Stir the salt well so the lemon juice, herbs, and zest are fully incorporated. Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake 30-45 minutes or until the salt is no longer wet and looks very dry, stir the salt mixture carefully once or twice through the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, take a fork or wooden spoon and break up the large pieces.
- Place in an airtight container to store for up to 6 months.