This cauliflower leek soup tastes just like potato leek soup – it’s incredibly flavorful and super creamy, but without any dairy! Made in just 30 minutes, this Paleo + Whole30-approved soup (with vegan option) will definitely warm you up.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
2 leeks, thinly sliced (white part only)
1 large head or 2 small heads cauliflower
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 tsp dried thyme
3-5 cloves roasted garlic, optional
½ of 1 fresh lemon
Salt and pepper, to taste
Prosciutto or bacon bits, optional
Green onions, sliced
- In a large sauté pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and onions, and sauté until the onions start to caramelize and leeks start to turn golden brown.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté until it starts to brown. Add chicken or vegetable stock and dried thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower florets are tender and cooked through.
- Add roasted garlic, if using, and lemon juice and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. You can also ladle the soup into a blender to blend until smooth.
- Taste the soup for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. If too thick, thin it out with a bit of extra stock.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, crispy prosciutto (optional), and green onions. Serves 4.
Warm spices and seasonal vegetables are the perfect pick this time of year. Stay warm and cozy all fall with these simmering soups filled with autumn’s best! In need of more cozy comfort? Check out these delicious baked apple recipes in ourUltimate Apple Recipes for Fall post. What’s your favorite fall comfort food?