Recipe from Food Faith Fitness
This quick and easy one-pan, 30-minute recipe is loaded with spicy-sweet flavor. It’s gluten-free and paleo-friendly, perfect for a stress-free date night dinner!
2 small chicken breasts (4 oz each)
Salt and pepper
½ tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive oil
2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
¾ cup carrots, sliced
½ cup sweet onion, chopped
1 ½ tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp paprika
⅛ tsp ground allspice
¾ cup orange juice
½ cup crushed tomatoes
2 Medjool dates, sliced
½ cup cilantro, minced + additional for garnish
2 tbsp roasted pistachios, chopped
1/2 a small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Using a meat mallet (or a rolling pin) pound out the chicken breasts until they are flat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium/high heat. Cook the chicken breast until golden brown, about 1 to 1.5 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Transfer to a plate.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the cauliflower, carrot, onion, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, and allspice to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until the veggies begin to soften and the spices are fragrant (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in the orange juice, crushed tomatoes, and sliced dates. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce begins to reduce and thicken, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken back into the pan, nestling it into the veggies and spooning some sauce over top. Cover and reduce the heat to medium/low. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and divide the chicken between two plates. Top each with the chopped pistachios and place the sliced cucumbers on the side.
- Garnish with extra cilantro, if desired, and enjoy!