Recipe fromBeauty and the Foodie
These cream mint brownie bars are grain-free, gluten-free, low-carb, and keto. The fudgy brownie layer with a creamy mint cheesecake layer and chocolate ganache topping is simply to die for!
3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
6 tbsp butter
⅓ cupCoconut flour
3 large eggs
1 ⅓ cup erythritol sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mint cheesecake layer:
8 oz cream cheese
6 tbsp erythritol sweetener
¼ cup whole ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1 tsp mint extract
2 drops green food coloring, optional
Chocolate ganache topping:
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 tsp unsweetenedCacao powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and grease an 8×8 pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 3 oz baking chocolate and 6 tbsp butter. Stir until completely melted and combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: ⅓ cup coconut flour, 1 ⅓ cup sweetener, 3 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Add melted chocolate & butter from the saucepan. Stir in thoroughly.
- Spread the brownie mixture over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then remove partially baked brownies from oven and set aside to cool.
- With an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the mint cheesecake layer ingredients until fluffy and smooth.
- Spread the mint cheesecake mixture over the top of warm partially baked brownies.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cheesecake layer looks firm. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the 3 tbsp butter for ganache topping. Once melted, add 2 tbsp heavy cream, 1 tbsp sweetener of choice, and 2 tsp cacao powder. Stir and combine thoroughly until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour and spread the chocolate ganache over the top of the mint cheesecake layer.
- Refrigerate until set and firm (minimum 2 hours, or overnight).