Recipe fromFood Faith Fitness
This Whole30 compliant Easy Healthy Cashew Chicken is flavored with curry, and is made all on one sheet. It’s a healthy weeknight meal everyone will love!
4 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
2 large tomatoes, quartered
1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp yellow curry powder, plus ½ teaspoon, divided
Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
⅔ cup roasted cashews, salted
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (4 small breasts)
1 large egg white
2 cups cucumber, thinly sliced and halved
Fresh mint, chopped, for garnish
Fresh Cilantro, minced, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Place the cauliflower, tomatoes and red onion into a large bowl. Toss with the coconut oil and sprinkle with 1 ½ tsp of the curry powder, reserving the rest for later, until well combined. Place on a large, rimmed baking sheet in one layer and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining curry powder, the cashews and a pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor and pulse until broken down (leaving some cashews a little chunky for texture).
- Dry the chicken breasts off and place the egg white into a shallow, sided plate. Additionally, place the cashews into a shallow, sided plate. Dredge a chicken in the egg white, gently shaking off any excess, and then press into the cashews. Flip and press the other side into the cashews, lightly pressing to adhere cashew mix to both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast onto a small cooling rack (one that fits on your sheet pan, and preferably one with legs so it sits over the veggies. This allows both sides of the chicken to cook and get crispy.) Repeat with the remaining breasts.
- Place the cooling rack on top of the sheet pan, over top of the veggies, and bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, which takes about 14-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, toss the fresh cucumbers onto the pan, and garnish with mint and cilantro.