Recipe fromAmbitious Kitchen
Pistachio muffins made with homemade (and easy!) pistachio and oat flour, then topped with an easy scrumptious strawberry glaze. Vegan and gluten free too!
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
3 tbsp water
1 cup heaping unsalted roasted pistachios, shelled
1 cup packed gluten free oat flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ tbsp olive oil or liquid coconut oil
⅓ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp almond extract
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup strawberries, diced (optional)
For the strawberry glaze:
1 cup diced fresh strawberries
½ cup water
4 oz vegan plain cream cheese
⅓ cup organic powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with 8 liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make a vegan flax egg by adding flaxseed and water to a small bowl and whisk together to combine. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add pistachios to a food processor or high powered blender and process until pistachios are finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl and add in oat flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl add the flax egg, almond milk, oil, sugar, almond extract and apple cider vinegar. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Optional: Stir in strawberries.
- Divide batter evenly into liners, filling 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the strawberry glaze, add strawberries and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Once strawberries reduce and become syrup-like, transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add 3 tablespoons of strawberry puree to a medium bowl, then mix in powdered sugar and cream cheese. Mix until smooth. Taste and add more strawberry puree if you’d like or a splash of almond milk to thin out the glaze.
- Dip muffins in the glaze, or spoon glaze over muffins. Enjoy! Makes 8 muffins total.