The Best Keto-Friendly Whipped Drinks
Have you heard of Dalgona coffee? If not, where have you been?! It’s definitely having a moment! Dalgona coffee is essentially whipped coffee. It’s made with equal parts instant coffee, sugar, and hot water that are whisked together to create a frothy coffee mixture and then served over ice and milk.
As delicious as it sounds (and tastes), if you’re sticking with a low carb diet or trying to avoid added sugar, then a classic Dalgona recipe isn’t for you. BUT, the good news is, we’ve scoured the web for the best whipped beverages that are all keto-friendly. Bring the coffee shop home with these tasty beverages full of froth and foam!
The Best Whipped Coffee, Keto-Style
Recipe adapted fromHealthy Little Peach
With only 55 calories per serving and only 4 ingredients, this whipped coffee is perfect for Keto, Paleo, and dairy-free lifestyles!
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp monk fruit with erythritol sweetener
8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- In a medium bowl add the hot water and the monk fruit sweetener. Stir until dissolved and then add in the instant coffee.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, begin mixing on high for 3-4 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and fluffy.
- Pour the almond milk over a glass of ice. Top the milk with the fluffy coffee and mix together with the milk. Enjoy!
Paleo & Keto Dalgona Matcha Latte
Recipe fromWhat Great Grandma Ate
This Paleo and Keto Dalgona matcha latte is made with whipped matcha foam for a deliciously sweet and fun drink.
1 egg white
1/8 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
1 tbsp Swerve granulated sweetener
1 tsp matcha
½ cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk alternative of your choice
- Add egg white to a clean mixing bowl. Make sure none of the yolk gets mixed in.
- Whisk the eggs using a hand mixer, stand mixer, electric whisk, handheld milk frother, OR a standard whisk to whip by hand. I recommend adding cream of tartar if whipping by hand.
- Once the egg white starts getting frothy after 1-2 minutes, add your choice of sugar.
- Continuously whip the egg white at a high-speed setting until thick, fluffy, and stiff peaks form (about 2-3 minutes with a mixer, 10-15 minutes by hand).
- Add in matcha and whisk a few more times until mixed in.
- Add ice to a glass and pour in milk.
- Spoon whipped matcha on top of the milk. Enjoy!
Recipe from The Modern Proper
While technically blended rather than whipped, buttered coffee is a Keto classic and this iced version is super smooth, creamy, and extra frothy for a delicious treat.
1 cup cold brew coffee
2 cups ice
1 tbsp MCT oil
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp grass fed butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt
- Add the coffee concentrate, ice, oil, coconut milk, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt to a blender.
- Blend on high until fully combined, then serve immediately.
Dalgona coffee has taken the internet by storm. It’s sweet, foamy, and delicious, so it’s no wonder why so many are making their own versions at home! You shouldn’t have to miss out on all the fun just because you’re Keto or trying to limit your sugar intake. Try these delicious recipes of whipped foam and sweet, creamy beverages without the guilt.
Have you tried Dalgona coffee? Let us know which recipe you enjoy the most!
Leave a comment
Also in A Wealth of Wellness