Recipe from The Coconut Mama
Warm, gooey and rich in chocolate goodness, these coconut flour brownies are both gluten-free and dairy-free!
1 cup coconut flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
⅔ cup coconut oil
2 – 12 oz bags of chocolate chips, divided
¾ cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Once the chocolate is melted, add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add the eggs to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan, then pour half of the brownie batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle 6 ounces of chocolate chips (half a bag) on top, then pour the remainder of the batter over the chocolate chip layer.
- Sprinkle the second half of the bag of chocolate chips over the top brownie layer.
- Bake the brownies for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool before slicing and serving.