Recipe from Cook At Home Mom
Treat Dad to a flavorful frittata for a tasty Father’s Day brunch! This frittata is Whole30, Paleo, and gluten-free to fit his healthy lifestyle.
3 tbsp water
½ lb chorizo sausage, ground
3 tbsp unflavored unsweetened almond milk
2 cups kale, large stems removed
2 medium red potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, cook the chorizo sausage in a medium skillet, breaking it up, until browned. Drain out any excess grease from the sausage, then set it aside.
- Dice the potatoes. Add potatoes to the skillet with water and cover, allowing to simmer until softened.
- Cut the kale into bite-sized pieces and stir into the potatoes.
- Sauté together uncovered for 2-3 minutes, then stir the sausage back in.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them well.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and sausage (do not stir again), and pour the eggs on top.
- Gently pull the eggs away from the sides of the pan with your spatula, letting the eggs fill in. Do this several times, but once the egg mixture is too firm to fill in spaces, stop because the bottom has begun to set.
- Cover the skillet, lower the heat, and cook for another 5-6 minutes until the frittata is cooked through. If it's still a little too wet or jiggly in the middle, you can finish it under the broiler for a few minutes .
- Allow the frittata to cool slightly, then slide it out of the pan onto a cutting board and slice.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and enjoy!⠀