Recipe from Elana’s Pantry
Snickerdoodles are a popular Christmas cookie for their warm cinnamon-sugar taste and soft, chewy texture. This version is dairy-free and made without butter, wheat flour, or eggs. Perfect for everyone to enjoy!
2 cups blanched almond flour
⅛ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup palm shortening or Coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
½ cup coconut sugar, for dipping
1 tbsp ground cinnamon, for dipping
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Pulse in shortening/oil and honey.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough, and roll into a ball.
- Briefly dip ball in a small bowl of water.
- Roll wet ball in coconut sugar and cinnamon to coat.
- Place ball on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten ball with palm of your hand.
- Bake at 350°F for 7-9 minutes.
- Cool and serve!
If you have a sweet tooth, holiday baking is a must! But if you have any dietary restrictions, it can make your holiday faves difficult to enjoy. Coconut oil is the perfect butter alternative for all your holiday treats. If you don’t have any in your pantry, get a jar today so that you’re ready for all your holiday baking fun!